A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking a R&D Chemist to join their team in Oxford on a permanent basis. Based within their technology function, you will take a primary focus on research projects, completing development and formulation work on new/next generation chemical products.
R&D Chemist Responsibilities:
• Develop and formulate new chemical products that will be applied to industry and for bespoke requirements from customers/clients.
• Synthesise, analyse and perform test procedures of new components.
• Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes.
• Communicate with internal and external contacts/parties.
• Participate in project teams and to present results and conclusions to the wider team.
• Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment.
R&D Chemist Requirements:
• You must have a degree qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
• Possess experience operating within a commercial R&D laboratory completing formulation on speciality chemical products.
• Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
• Strong technical competencies including data manipulation.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with team colleagues.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
Job Ref: 6866